Peach, raspberries, ice cream, dessert, recipe,food
National Peach Melba Day
Five Food Finds about Peach Melba
- Peach Melba a classic dessert. A dish of peaches served with vanilla ice cream, raspberries & sauce.
- Melba toast & Peach Melba are indeed related.
- The dessert was created to celebrate famous & rather slender opera singer, Nellie Melba in 1892.
- It is said when she gained weight in her later career the same chef created a thin baked toast for her diet, Melba toast.
- Other versions of this dessert use pears, apricots, or strawberries instead of peaches and / or use raspberry sauce or melted red currant jelly instead of raspberry purée.
On This Day in Food History…
1808 Salmon Portland Chase was born. He was Secretary of the Treasury under Abraham Lincoln, and later Chief Justice.
1921 Pierre Franey was born. A French chef who became famous as the chef of ‘Le Pavillon’ restaurant in New York City…
View original post 153 more words